- Koshy S, Feustel PJ, Hong M, Kogan BA. Scribes in an ambulatory urology practice: patient and physician satisfaction. J Urol. 2010;184:258-262. Abstract
- Bank AJ, Obetz C, Konrardy A, et al. Impact of scribes on patient interaction, productivity, and review in a cardiology clinic: a prospective study. Clinicoecon Outcomes Res. 2013;5:399-406.
- American College of Emergency Physicians. Use of Scribes. June 2011. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDUQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.acep.org%2F
bvm=bv.60444564,d.cWc Accessed February 4, 2014.
- KarenZupko & Associates. EMR scribes: real-time tech support boosts physician productivity & reduces "paper care" hassles. White Paper. February 2011. http://www.physiciansangels.com/White_paper-Virtual_Scribes.pdf Accessed February 4, 2014.
- Hafner K. A busy doctor's right hand, ever ready to type. New York Times. January 12, 2014. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/14/health/a-busy-doctors-right-hand-ever-ready-to-type.html Accessed February 4, 2014.
- Friedberg MW, Chen PG, Van Busum KR, et al. Factors affecting physician professional satisfaction and their implications for patient care, health systems, and health policy. RAND. 2013. http://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR439.html Accessed February 4, 2013.
- The Joint Commission. Use of unlicensed persons acting as scribes. May 18, 2011. http://www.jointcommission.org/mobile/standards_information/jcfaqdetails.aspx?StandardsFAQId=345&StandardsFAQChapterId=66 Accessed February 4, 2014.
- Sinsky CA, Willard-Grace R, Schutzbank AM, Sinsky TA, Margolius D, Bodenheimer T. In search of joy in practice: a report of 23 high-functioning primary care practices. Ann Fam Med. 2013;11:272-278. Abstract
- Scribes, EMR please docs, save $600,000. ED Manag. 2009;21:117-118. Abstract
- Arya R, Salovitch DM, Ohman-Strickland P, Merlin MA. Impact of scribes on performance indicators in the emergency department. Acad Emerg Med. 2010;17:490-494. Abstract
- Medical scribes improve revenue cycle, patient satisfaction. Healthcare IT News. October 1, 2013. http://www.healthcareitnews.com/press-release/medical-scribes-improve-revenue-cycle-patient-satisfaction Accessed February 4, 2013.